Established in 1912 in Damery, in the heart of the Marne region, close to Epernay, Champagne J. de Telmont, is one of the last familial Champagne houses. It is owned and run by the fourth Lhopital generation, Bertrand and his sister Pascale.
Since 1950, each generation of the Lhopital family has extended the house’s vineyards, particularly in their native Damery. De Telmont owns over 30 hectares of vineyards located in prestigious villages, where are grown the 3 grape varieties Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. 5 hectares are biodynamic, from which comes the ‘Sans Soufre Ajouté'.
Champagnes from exceptional years, from 100% Pinot Meunier.
De Telmont is unusual amongst relatively small family owned and run houses in having stocks of these older cuvées. Disgorgement takes place in the cellars before shipping, to maintain life and freshness for a long period. Single bottles can be ordered.
Shipped to order the following vintages are available 1964, 1969, 1975, 1976, 1985, 1986, 1990, 1992.